Like most websites we use cookies. In order to deliver a personalised, responsive service and to improve the site, we remember and store information about how you use it. This is done using simple text files called cookies which sit on your computer. These cookies are completely safe and secure and will never contain any sensitive information. They are used only by us.



**Please note that we are experiencing technical issues with our website payment at the moment. Please call 0208 850 2866 to arrange a booking over the phone**

Charlton hit seven in cup final

Four goals fired Charlton to a Kent Senior Cup final victory over Tonbridge Angels on Wednesday evening and ex Advanced Centre player Bradley Jordan captained the Addicks.

Charlton put in a commanding performance on Wednesday night to win the Kent Senior Cup for the first time since they re-entered the competition last season by a 7-1 scoreline

Blue Square Bet South side Tonbridge Angels, their opponents and hosts for the evening, were expected to provide the toughest test the Addicks’ development squad had faced in the competition so far this season.

Despite their endeavour, however, on a dustbowl of a surface which made conditions difficult for both sides, Charlton’s superior quality told from the off.

There were three goals to the good within 30 minutes thanks to efforts from Jordan Cook, Michael Smith and Kevin Feely, and rarely looked troubled.

Four more goals followed in the second period after Angels had pulled one back, and while a couple had an element of fortune about them, there were no doubts about where the trophy belonged by the end of the evening.

Charlton opened the scoring after just 12 minutes when a smartly-worked set-piece return saw Morgan Fox slide in skipper Bradley Jordan down the line, who passed across the box for Cook to poke home.

Two minutes later, they were two up.

Fox again instigated the move when he picked out Pigott at the back post to head into the path of Smith, who turned in from close range.

Ollie Schulz nearly caught Pope off his line with a header, but Charlton were soon three goals to the good.

Now on for a hat-trick of assists, Fox whipped in a corner to the near post where Feely lost his marker to head over the line.

Tonbridge’s Mark Lovell, son of Charlton academy coach Steve Lovell, had a shot cleared off the line before the break, and the Angels raced out of the traps in the second half.

Two minutes after the restart Lovell turned in a cross to reduce the deficit, but normal service soon resumed.

Pigott saw his shot well-saved before his cross picked out Smith, who turned and smashed past goalkeeper Lee Worgan.

The game was all but over from then on, but Charlton continued to turn the screw and a long pass forward took an unfortunate bounce for Worgan, then bounced into the path of Smith to complete his hat-trick into an empty net after 73 minutes.

The Newcastle-born marksman was heavily involved in the sixth as he held the ball up in the penalty area before seeing his cross deflect off a Tonbridge defender and past the, now cursing his luck, Worgan.

A rock-hard surface was conspiring against the hosts and, as if to add insult to injury, an awkward bounce again went against Tonbridge in the final minutes and allowed Smith to smash into an empty net once again.

Charlton: Pope; Osborne, Fox, Ajayi, Feely; Cousins, Jordan, Harris, Cook; Smith, Pigott (Azeez 63). 

Charlton subs: Lennon, Poyet, Sho-Silva.

Find out more about the Trust's Advanced Centre's HERE.


Patronage by

University of Greenwich

Read More